THE WHAT AND THE WHY


Hello cherished readers, noeses is back to continue the Revelations of Progress series. This post is as important as any other post. Are you ready? I’m ready. Let’s go!

When I was in primary school, I knew I had to go to school and I went to school. However, I could never bring home encouraging results. School was all about playing for me. I thought I was dumb. Suddenly along the way, I had control; I became so smart that I was counted among the best in the class. How did it happen? Noeses answers your question in this post.

Throughout this series, you probably realize that the posts so far have focused on setting the individual free from dogma and popular opinion. Noeses set forth to help people think carefully and logically about their own plans and how to lead their lives eschewing the trap of living their lives based on popular opinion. We want you to be free from the dangers of a mistaken identity. We want you to be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else.

I believe that going forward the previous posts have set the pace for you to determine what you truly want or it has at least made it quite easy. Now, it is important to note that ideally, what you want lies in the intersection of need, talent, passion and conscience. What need of the world is your talent in harmony with? Are you driven from within by passion to be involved in catering for that need? And is your conscience in support? If yes, then what you want is right in your face.

Knowing what you want alone is not enough. There is another bit that you can’t do away it. And that’s knowing why you want what you want. Sometimes the difference between achievers and non-achievers is that achievers have strong a reason for doing what they are do. If you have a strong reason that you feel drawn by your conscience to meet, you normally always get what you want. The why has a way of putting everything into perspective. Your why is essentially your PURPOSE. Your why will compel you to take action. So now, to the question; how did it happen? I found this answer later in life that not until I understood that learning was a major contributing factor to the achievement of my dreams, I was going to remain dumb for long if not forever. I became hungry for books. I started reading voraciously. My why became my awakening.

                    Knowing the whys has always helped in determining the hows

It is also essential to be convinced about the why. You should be convinced about why you want something. It is almost impossible to pursue something that you are not convinced about. If you are convinced about something, you are true to yourself and as a result, you are able to amass the necessary energy to thrive even in challenging times. Have you ever asked yourself why? Like why am I going to school? Like why am I doing this or that? Like why are we even here in this world? If you have ever asked yourself, you will realize that most of the answers are answers that speak to your soul. And like you will know, things that speak to your soul induce your passion. The beautiful thing about passion is that it’s infectious.

Today’s revelation is simple: find out the why to your what, find your story and for that matter your purpose and your life will never be the same.

Now that you know what you want and why you want it, what are you waiting for? Don’t worry, wait patiently as noeses comes your way with the next post on taking your first step with a practical example. Cheers!




If you are new to this blog and this series, read previous posts from "Revelations of Progress: An Introduction" to "The Power to Cause Change". It will help you appreciate the whole series more.




Photo credit:
file:///C:/Users/Fred%20Sapathy/Documents/school%20stuff/Level%20200%20docs/Accounting/BOOKS/Business_Accounting_Basics.pdf

Comments

Post a Comment